We're expanding our tech team, and now we are looking for another passionate Lead Developer to join our diverse and winning team!
- You will be a part of a fast-growing scale-up where you will play a key role in implementing new functions, user experiences, interfaces, and concepts.
- We are first in the market and exclusive in our service, so here you can help build something extraordinary where your creativity can make a long-term impression and help hundreds of thousands of people.
- You will be a part of an optimistic and appreciative work culture that will allow you to accelerate your professional development. There are endless opportunities to learn, grow and feel empowered to realize your full potential.
Your role at Flyttsmart
As a Lead backend developer at Flyttsmart, you will be given a great responsibility to own our tech stack and co-architect our product.
You will get the chance to join at the beginning of a great journey, developing new features and, with your expertise improving existing ones.
The teams at Flyttsmart are self-driven and cross-functional, which means that you'll be part of the entire product development cycle. We work data-driven in close collaboration with each other - exploring, testing and iterating. We validate against real data and learn from new insights.
As a developer, your responsibilities:
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Set up a structure for functional testing, like unit testing and integration testing
- Working with third-party integrations
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Designing software architecture according to best standards
- Working with Big Data & Event-Driven Architecture
Requirements for this role
- You are a seasoned backend developer having experience working in agile teams across the whole product development cycle.
- You have a proficient understanding of code versioning tools like Git
- You have a constant curiosity to keep up with industry trends and utilize these best in your daily job
- You have experience with integration and error handling of REST and SOAP APIs.
- Fluent in English
Our tech stack
Back-end Technologies: NestJS (NodeJS), TypeScript, PostgreSQL, Redis, AWS (ECS, CloudFormation, CodeBuild, CodePipeline, RDS)
Front-end technologies: React, Redux, Styled Components, Axios, ESLint
Nice to have skills
- Basic understanding of the front-end technologies we are using (see above)
- Experience working with agile methods
- DevOps using AWS and also, knowledge in Docker
On the softer side, you are
- A team player
- Organized, thorough and detailed oriented
- Communicative and collaborative
- Ambitious - who thrives in a dynamic environment at the same time enjoy your work
🌟 What you get as a part of the deal
Magic colleagues - not as in magicians and fortune-tellers - but as in incredibly kind, smart and fun-loving people
Flexibility to work your way - you can work partly from home and office
Support you all the way - We believe in you and support you in everything from achieving your goals and developing your skills to giving your ideas wings
We care for our employees - Flyttsmart offers a wellness allowance and 3 paid hours per week for wellness activities such as workouts/exercise.
The obvious - we offer an occupational pension and health insurance are a matter of course. Our lovely roof terrace is a bonus.
Freedom to try out new things and independent decision-making by our autonomous teams.