SEB • Stockholm • Heltid
SEB is a leading financial services group, and at the same time, one of the largest IT employers in the Nordics. Banking is changing rapidly, and we are proud of our reputation for being entrepreneurial and innovative in the face of change. Our brilliant techies work hard to future proof SEB’s digital architecture and customer products because it genuinely makes a massive impact for our customers and colleagues. Does that sound a good fit for you?
What you will be doing
The Data and Integrations team within Savings Offering is looking for a Data Engineer with strong technical skills to join us on our exciting transformation journey to develop a new modern savings investment platform. You will be joining a team with primary focus on building scalable and secured middle layer serving data to the front services.
Together with the team, you will be leading the exciting mission to build pipelines to on board data from different data sources ranging from relational databases, mainframe systems, and other wider means of exchanging data including APIs (Application Programming Interfaces) and message queues, and then develop scalable and secured services harvesting the integrated data. As a good metaphor, you will have feet on the ground working but head in the cloud. In that matter, you will find Google Cloud Platform as your daily working environment.
By developing cloud-based solutions to supply data for several types of securities, and to aid in different trade flows both to internal and external services, you will help to decommission a mainframe-based system which was built on Windows Server and Microsoft SQL Server using .NET, SQL, TSQL stored procedures and Windows batch scripts.
In this role, you will be highly involved in decision making and our technical road map paving the way forward for Savings Investments tribe to serve its other value streams. Your work contributes to meeting data compliance and data governance requirements.
Together with others, you are shaping our ways of working, and sharing knowledge and coaching junior developers.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Building scalable and secured services to serve data within and outside Savings Investment area.
- Working on and implementing the technical roadmap to realise SEB’s journey to Google Cloud Platform.
- Collaborating with architects, developers, and stakeholders.
- Participating in code reviews, mob programming and general knowledge sharing.
Who we are looking for
You are a data engineer or a developer with a strong tech background and experience working with data integration, data pipelines, and data management.
To succeed in this role, we believe you are a team player with excellent communication skills, a positive, and open mindset. You would like to collaborate, motivate other team members in a multicultural environment.
In general, we are looking for a person who has:
- Experience in software development, it is preferable with experience from a cloud or containerized stack with virtual infrastructure.
- Understanding of system design, data structures, and be able to apply them.
- A forward-thinker mindset to drive change and continuous improvement across teams, tools, and processes.
- An analytical mindset that enables you to approach complex both business and technical challenges, and proactively tackle them with the help of the team.
We use a wide range of technologies, and the followings serve only as an example:
- Container-based technology: Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, and others.
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Infrastructure as Code: Terraform, GCP Pulumi.
- APID development: GraphQL,REST APIs, Swagger.
- Programming languages: Python and bash scripts.
- Databases: BigQuery, PostgreSQL, Redis or any relational, non-relational, in-memory databases that are suitable for the work.
- DevSecOps tools.
We are looking forward to expanding our technology landscape as we thrive to be the leaders of SEB digital transformation towards GCP.
What we offer
We offer many experiences and benefits to our employees, and there is nuance to every individual’s career experience, but the elements that define the core of our offering are:
- Friendly and welcoming culture
- Access to SEB staff banking with exclusive benefits
- Innovative company in forefront of technology
- Extensive training and learning opportunities
- Interesting, innovative work
- Top class client network and projects
- Agile and modern ways of working
- Opportunities to help transform an industry
Learn more about working at SEB www.sebgroup.com/career
It is our fundamental belief that inclusion and diversity is crucial for our future success. We strive to have an inclusive, value-driven culture where employees feel valued, respected, and involved irrespective of who they are, what they believe in or where they come from.
Great people often know great people – please share if you have a friend who would love this job.
Ready to join?
Since we select candidates continuously, feel free to send in your application today, but no later than 15th of December 2022. If you have questions about the position, please contact Alexia Bohm Talent Acquisition Partner, by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Welcome to a community of tech-savvy and passionate employees from all corners of the world. SEB is in fact one of the largest IT employers in the Nordics. Together we future proof a world of financial flows by exploring and implementing modern digital architecture and state-of-the-art technology. We are driven by collaboration, insight, and friendship. But also, a desire to change and improve. All in all, it creates a balance - where life and a stable yet exciting job can co-exist. If you want to shape tomorrow's bank - continue reading and apply today.
Read more: sebgroup.com/techcareers