SEB • Stockholm • Full time
SEB is more than just a bank with an IT function. We are a progressive tech company powered by innovation and fueled by collaboration. From Java to AI and everything in between, we offer you an impressive tech stack and several technology paths. Together we're innovating for a sustainable society and building the tech arena of the future, a welcoming space for everyone. Are you ready to take on a new challenge? If so, you'll be interested in this opportunity!
Are you a Platform Engineer who wants to create value by helping developers deliver high-quality software quickly, reliably, and safely? Do you also have a proactive attitude when it comes to continuous improvements and investigating new technologies and concepts? If so, this is probably a position for you!
What will you be doing?
As a Platform Engineer, you will be part of our Delivery Accelerator (DA) platform engineering teams with the responsibility to deliver, maintain, and improve SEB common development environments and tools, including Continuous Integration /Continuous Delivery toolchains, to help SEB development teams deliver high-quality software quickly, reliably, and safely.
You will work in a platform engineering team which have close collaboration with our software product teams. This collaboration is essential to create a software-defined platform that operates to the standard required to protect SEB while allowing the development teams to move fast. You will support the software product teams in their usage of common development environments and tools and also develop and enhance current solutions according to our strategies.
Who are we looking for?
To succeed in the role, we believe that you have a software engineering background and worked in roles that require technical skills since you are expected to work with the teams on many assignments. Depending on your background and skills you will work in the following areas:
• Provide and support the usage of our standard modeling tool Sparx System Enterprise Architect and related features.
• Provide and support the usage of our standard Integrated Development Environment and related tools e.g., Visual Studio, IntelliJ for Java, etc.
• Maintain our internal developer portal, providing software engineers with common software engineering best practices, guidelines, instructions, tool guides, etc.
• Platform Engineer(s) with some years of experience in software engineering and high technical skills who have an “automation first” mindset.
• A personality who likes to be proactive with a keen sense of ownership and responsibility and is eager to learn and share knowledge
• Excellent communication skills
• A bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
You have experience in some of the areas:
• General OS fundamentals: such as Linux/windows servers
• Infrastructure knowledge such as Networking, Active Directory and Firewall rules
• Version Control systems like Git, GitHub
• Continuous Integration Solutions like GitHub actions, Azure DevOps, Jenkins
• Scripting, Bash, PowerShell, and Python
• Integrated Development environments like Visual Studio, IntelliJ for Java, WebStorm, etc.
• Visual modeling tools and frameworks like Enterprise Architect
• Container technologies such as Docker/Podman.
• Container Orchestration such as Kubernetes, Openshift, Docker Swarm
• Infrastructure as Code: Ansible/Terraform/Chef
What we offer
We offer many experiences and benefits to our employees, and there is nuance to every individual’s career experience, but the elements that define the core of our offering are:
• Innovative company at the forefront of technology
• Extensive training and learning opportunities
• Attractive compensation and benefits
• Work-life balance
• Friendly and welcoming culture
Ready to join?
Since we select candidates continuously, feel free to send in your application today, but no later than the 31st of March. If you have questions about the position please contact Peter Dahl, Team Manager, by mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about working at SEB at www.sebgroup.com/careerat
It is our fundamental belief that inclusion and diversity are crucial for our future success. We strive to have an inclusive, value-driven culture where employees feel valued, respected, and involved irrespective of who they are, what they believe, or where they come from.