Our Language Manager is responsible for defining voice and tone, terminology, all quality standards and improvements for the content that is localized and provided in local language, as well as to ensure our translation vendors and content partners are following these definitions. It's a strategic role in our company: it enables PayPal to provide our customers around the world with high-quality experiences in their own language.
- Own all aspects of target language quality, meeting expectations of regional customers.
- Collaborate and build close relationship with local stakeholders to define the PayPal tone and voice for the local language.
- Ensure quality in all customer-facing content and make sure translation keeps content narrative consistent across the experience.
- Own translation style guide, terminology and define the quality standards for the locale.
- Create and maintain all terminology resources up to date -- these resources will be used by all translators and local content authors.
- Review, educate, train vendors, as well as provide feedback of their work, to ensure high-quality and scalable translations.
- Mentor and train on style guide and terminology to other internal or external groups that create regional content for PayPal, such as marketing agencies.
- Build a close work relationship with vendor's language leads, answer queries, coach vendors on PayPal products, features and language guidelines.
- Supervise and train the LQA vendor and translation vendors. Perform root cause analysis and escalation of problems found by review/LQA service vendor to improve target language quality.
- Monitor all quality KPIs and reports on these.
- Can perform QA/review tasks as appropriate to maintain relevant know how.
- Proactively work on quality improvement initiatives.
- Local BU marketing & collateral: own quality standards and/or supervise output of marketing copy vendor.
- Localize marketing copy to ensure it reaches our quality standards, brand consistency and business goals.
- Occasionally may trans-create regional/in-country marketing copy for brand, customer engagement and marketing campaigns.
- Partner with Product Marketing Managers and Design teams to support in-country usability tests sessions, when assigned.
- Own language bug-fixing, Translation Memory quality and updates, Machine Translation quality input.
- Provide source content globalization consultancy and support: input to Content Designers and Global Content Management team on regional content and product requirements, when required.
- Collaborate on Global Content & Technology's processes creation and tools.
- Occasionally may collaborate with local BU on content strategy to support regional activities in product launches (Marketing, Sales, etc)
- Occasionally create source content to support regional activities (Marketing, Sales, etc)
- Bachelor's degree in Linguistics, Journalism, Communications, HCI and related field. BA in marketing a plus.
- Fluent or bilingual proficiency in Danish.
- Full professional proficiency in the language English.
- Relevant work experience in the content and/or localization industries as translator, reviewer or content manager, preferably for interactive user experiences.
- Strong editorial and proofreading skills.
- At ease managing multiple projects, setting stakeholder expectations, working individually and collaborating across teams and vendors.
- Excellent, highly effective communication and critical-thinking skills.
- Ability to influence across teams and vendors.
- Comfort in managing through ambiguity, self-driven, able to prioritize and work well independently.
- Experience in dealing with localization services' providers is desirable.
- Understanding of localization lifecycle and terminology management tools is preferred.
- Understanding of UX principles is desirable.
- Experience in financial services, payments, B2B or B2C e-commerce is preferred.
At PayPal, we believe that now is the time to democratize financial services so that moving and managing money is a right for all citizens, not just the affluent. We are driven by this purpose, and we uphold our cultural values of collaboration, innovation, wellness and inclusion as our guide for making decisions and conducting business every day. It is our duty and privilege to be customer champions and put those we serve at the center of everything we do. We are one team that respects and values diversity of thought for everyone, everywhere, and we actively seek to create an energizing workplace that brings out the best in all of us. If you're ready to shape the future of money, join the team at PayPal. We're proud to work here. You will be too. PayPal is headquartered in San Jose, California and its international headquarters is located in Singapore. More information about the company can be found at www.paypal-media.com.