Ericsson • Stockholm • Heltid
Detta jobb är inaktivt och går inte att söka längre.
Have you ever wondered who is crafting plans for 5G and making sure that there is a cellular network that enables considerable higher data speed (up to 100 Gbit/s)? Yes? Then you have come to the right place!
When you press the button on your wireless device asking for upload/download service there is a cellular base station that processes all that data in real-time and updates a large number of parameters in a fraction of second to enable fast data to transfer. If you are interested to work with us and enable this future, you should continue reading.
Ericsson is a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology -- providing equipment, software and services to enable transformation through mobility. Headquartered in Stockholm -- Sweden, Ericsson is a publicly listed company with more than 115,000 employees. More than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment and more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Technology is at the heart of our business. Ericsson engineers, researchers and scientists around the world are working on what's next in information, communications, and telecommunications (ICT).
The Digital Radio consist of Algorithms / Functions and Implementation and are responsible for development of new radio hardware units, a part of Ericsson's 2G, 3G,4G and 5G base stations. The main focus area is on developing firmware for Algorithm development (like Linearization and CFR (Crest Factor Reduction)), algorithm control and functions in MCUs (Micro Controllers); internally called Device Processors (DP). The teams are highly skilled with very good knowledge in both our own parts of the radio as well as the overall Radio Unit (RU) products. Our teams are involved in several areas like research, technical studies, pre‐development, product development and advanced TR handling.
Antenna near signal processing blocks should be investigated, developed, and implemented in ASICs, FPGAs and/or structured ASICs. Daily work could consist of designing and implementing linearization algorithms for efficiency enhancement solutions for RF amplifiers, design and implementation of interfaces, synchronization, and scheduling logic, but also advanced trouble shooting and customer support. We work with both HW and SW and provide connection between those with supervision and control. Together with our team, you will be responsible for delivering part of the digital radio on‐chip design that is the heart of our Ericsson Radio units.
• You have a Master Degree, PhD or similar in Electrical engineering, Engineering physics or Computer Science.
• Proficiency within the field of Signal processing incl. non-linear signal processing, used in telecommunication systems and radio technology.
• You are an experienced user of Matlab.
• Key competence is combined knowledge in both HW and Firmware / SW domain.
• Ideally you also have knowledge in the area of Radio System requirements for the standards GSM, WCDMA and LTE.
Skills considered as a merit in order of importance are:
• Experience in designing Radio signal processing blocks, e.g. digital filters, crest‐factor reduction, or linearization
• Programming skills (Matlab, Python, C/C++...)
• Control System Engineering (Reglerteknik)
• Radio HW design
• SW design, test and development environment
• HW near Firmware (SW)
• FPGA and ASIC implementation (VHDL, RTL, ...)
• Document and report writing
• Scrum and Kanban methodology
• You are result‐oriented, self‐driven and have excellent communication and social skills.
• Service minded and self‐motivated, with the drive to solve problems and expand one's knowledge
• Result‐oriented and have excellent communication and social skills.
• Enjoys a changing and high speed environment
• A creative and innovative mindset
• Always looking for ways to improve the work
The selection and interview process is ongoing. Therefore, send in your application in English as soon as possible. For any questions and clarifications reach out to the recruiter, Hema Powar, firstname.lastname@example.org
You + Ericsson: a powerful combination
Ericsson is a world's leading provider of communications technology and services. Our offerings include services, consulting, software and infrastructure within Information and Communications Technology for telecom operators and other industries. Today, more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic goes through Ericsson networks in over 180 countries, and we support customers' networks servicing more than 2.5 billion subscribers. Using innovation to empower people, business and community, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions to help shape a more sustainable world.
We are truly a global company, operating across borders in over 180 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture and an innovative and engaging environment where employees enhance their potential everyday. They share a passion to win and a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients. To ensure professional growth, Ericsson offers a stimulating work experience, continuous learning and growth opportunities that allow you to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to reach your career goals.Up for the challenge? Join our team!