At Viaplay Group, we entertain millions of people every day through our streaming services, radio networks, TV channels and production studios. We believe in the power of content not just as a way of telling stories and touching lives, but also expanding worlds.
We may have started in the Nordics, but we have a global mindset and consider ourselves to be the international entertainment provider. This means we’re constantly launching our Viaplay streaming service in new markets and on the lookout for talented, curious, driven professionals to join us on our journey.
Right now, we’re searching for a Principle Engineer in our Stockholm office – are you ready to hit play on an exciting career change?
As a Principal Engineer at Viaplay Group you will be part of setting the technical direction and lead technical development for our Android, iOS, and our native TV platforms. You will be working to ensure that architectural principles are applied, coach engineers and teams in making decisions regarding relevant technical matters, as well as being an advocate for the developer community within the organisation.
Some things you’ll be doing:
- Act as a mentor and coach others to grow and improve their craftsmanship
- Designing and implementing complex, scalable architectural solutions, while optimizing for performance and developer experience
- Collaborate with various roles across multiple teams to identify dependencies, and ensure smooth deliveries of common initiatives
- Take an active role in the team’s development process and contribute to the codebase in a continuous manner
- Evaluate customer feedback to identify potential iterations or new solutions
What we’re looking for
We understand you may feel confident ticking certain boxes more than others and that’s why we always keep an open mind in our recruitment process. But, in order to thrive in this role, we do believe you’ll have at least some experience in the following:
- Extensive work-life experience developing world-class Android and iOS applications.
- Leading cross-team initiatives and communicating with peers and stakeholders alike
- Experience working with relevant modern technical solutions and patterns
- Proven ability to set direction and enact change among peers
- Experience with scaling code bases owned by a small team to multiple teams
- Solid experience of working in an agile environment
It’s a bonus if you:
- Have experience working in a multi-national media or streaming company
- Enjoy working in a diverse environment where different opinions and backgrounds mingle and thrive
- Possess a can-do attitude, sense of humor and the ability to work humbly with others.
- We’ve got the basics covered (and then some)! 30 days of paid vacation every year, flexible work arrangements in a hybrid setup, and extra compensation on top of a parental pay lift.
- Your wellbeing matters. We have an attractive pension and insurance scheme with full health care coverage should you need it.
- A safe space to grow and up-skill with the freedom to try new things in autonomous teams. Our learning culture puts you in the driver’s seat of your own development, while always making sure you feel supported with regular knowledge-sharing sessions, technical training, mentorship opportunities and peer-to-peer networks.
- An innovative environment with Hack Days, not once, but twice a year. This week-long initiative allows you to think outside the box and deliver creative, technical solutions that (more often than not) go on to be implemented, either in our product or our ways of working.
- A genuinely international and diverse group of colleagues to connect with. We’re striving towards a 50:50 gender balance & we’re not far off – plus last time we checked, we have more than 60 different nationalities across our nine offices!
- Entertainment is what we love, and entertainment is what we do. So, unlimited access to Viaplay seems only fair for you to get to know the product – including live sports & pay per view events, new release movie rentals, linear channels and more.
Hit play today
If this feels like your kind of challenge, make sure you apply by attaching your CV here – you may also want to add your LinkedIn profile. Please don’t send us your application via email because we won’t be able to accept it. We do, however, welcome any questions you may have about this particular position.
Want to learn more about who we are and what we do? Check out our careers page or follow us on Instagram! We’re only ever a few clicks away.