SEB • Stockholm • Heltid
SEB has started an exciting transformational journey to become the most data-driven bank in the world and you will get the opportunity to take an important role where you will help accelerate the data driven journey by providing the data engineering community with established components and experience working in Cloud.
Our tribe Data and Analytics lead all parts of SEB in becoming a data driven company.
Our architectural vision is Data Mesh and we are in the centre of it, providing tooling, processes and people.
What you will be doing
As Cloud Data Engineer in the Data and Analytics tribe (department) you will work in an international environment with multiple agile teams located in Stockholm and Vilnius, consisting of experts in various Big Data technologies, on-prem and cloud (GCP). This recruiting team also have some data products to be built together with new “SEB-wrapped” GCP components which we also will take care of and improve in terms of performance, security and scalability.
This area in the bank is a supporting tribe meaning we support others with their journeys and initiatives. You will be positively exposed to a broader audience in the bank instead of only owning one dataset or system you will come in contact with all customers using GCP and who wants to work with established solutions within data engineering in cloud provided by our tribe.
In short, you will get exposed to real customer data from day one and build reusable components at the same time.
Together with your colleagues you will:
• Develop, test and maintain new components to be used on GCP and on prem when needed.
• Collaborate within the Data and Analytics tribe and help support other teams to create data pipelines to make data available for various business users and applications in cloud.
• Provide innovative solutions for complex problems.
• Work with modern technologies within data engineering and all its different layers of complexity.
• Create a customer data product to be available in cloud for our colleagues. Firs time in cloud!
• Work with R&D and provide documentation and conclusions to share in the tribe and outside the tribe.
Our technical environment consists of but is not limited to Python, Java, Scala, Kafka, Spark, Warehousing, SQL plus the GCP stack! CI/CD and automation are crucial in cloud, so we expect that you are well versed in this area as well. Infrastructure as code is our mantra.
If you do not have experience of all of these, you will get the opportunity to learn them here. We encourage you to be creative and contribute with your own ideas. You will also be given the tools you need to develop further within your profession.
Who we are looking for
In order to thrive here you should have proven experience within data engineering. You are interested in learning all levels of data engineering and you like to find and adapt new technologies that fits into our mission.
• You are proficient in Python or Java, knowledgeable in Kafka, Spark and warehousing.
• You have deployed a flow into production in a cloud such as GCP or AWS.
• You will be working closely with your colleagues and therefor you should feel comfortable in sharing your knowledge with other teams and building your network.
• Agile ceremonies are fundamental in our tribe so continuous agile improvement is expected from you and your team.
• If you are analytical, curious and have a passion for discovering new ways of working, you will enjoy it here!
What we offer
We offer many experiences and benefits to our employees, and there is nuance to every individual’s career experience, but the elements that define the core of our offering are:
• Friendly and welcoming culture
• Start up mindset
• Access to SEB staff banking with exclusive benefits
• Innovative company in forefront of technology
• Extensive training and learning opportunities
• Interesting, cutting-edge work
• Agile and modern ways of working
• Opportunities to help transform an industry
Ready to join?
Welcome with your application. Attach your CV and a personal letter describing yourself and how you can contribute to the team. Since we select candidates on running bases, feel free to send in your application today, but no later than 22-04-29. If you have any questions about the position, please contact hiring manager: Mervan Yildiz by email Mervan.email@example.com
SEB Sweden has a redeployment responsibility, why this position might be covered by internal redeployment.
Welcome to a community of tech-savvy and passionate employees from all corners of the world. SEB is in fact one of the largest IT employers in the Nordics. Together we future proof a world of financial flows by exploring and implementing modern digital architecture and state-of-the-art technology. We are driven by collaboration, insight, and friendship. But also, a desire to change and improve. All in all, it creates a balance - where life and a stable yet exciting job can co-exist. If you want to shape tomorrow's bank - continue reading and apply today.
Read more: sebgroup.com/techcareers