SEB • Stockholm • Full time
This job is inactive and can no longer be applied to
SEB is a leading northern European financial services group, and at the same time, one of the largest IT employers in the Nordics. Banking is changing rapidly, and we are proud of our reputation for being entrepreneurial and innovative in the face of change. As a Deputy Domain Architect for Cloud Core Platforms, you will get the opportunity to play a key role in SEB´s Cloud Transformation journey.
The Cloud Core Platformsis the infrastructural area that owns, develops, and maintains the landing zones and technical foundations of SEB’s Public Cloud. These landing zones consist of capabilities, guidelines and guardrails that create a secure and scalable cloud environment where the developers can easily consume Cloud services. The platforms are developed and built together with other infrastructural areas and teams such as the Network team, Key and Encryption team to leverage their expertise and scale efficiently. The overall aim is to enable and speed up SEB's Cloud journey and leveragenew innovative solutions to further develop SEB's customer value.
About The Role, what you will be doing
As Deputy Domain Architect in Cloud Core Platforms your overall goal is to shape and take lead on our domain’s architectural strategy for public Clouds. You will do so as part of an architectural community together with our Domain Architect and other Deputy Domain Architects. Together you and your peers from adjacent infrastructural areas cover SEB’s entire IT Infrastructure, on-premises and in the clouds.
Your responsibility will be to develop, govern and support execution of the architecture of the entire Cloud Core Platforms scope; SEBs Public Cloud platforms and technically supporting integrations of third-party SaaS to meet the bank’s requirements. You will work together with the solution architects and the engineers to realize the architecture and to ensure a tight collaboration with our stakeholders and other parts of the IT organization.
· Drive, shape and innovate the domain’s Cloud architecture in line with enterprise architecture and business strategies.
· Proactively participate in development of the Domain’s total architecture.
· Overall accountable for the architecture of all the Managed Cloud platforms and SaaS integrations.
· Support and train others in how to use the Domain’s Cloud architecture in daily work with maintenance and development.
· Provide one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions to inspire and transfer knowledge to internal engineer teams about Cloud technologies.
· Capture and share best-practice knowledge on Cloud technologies in the internal SEB tech communities.
· Work and ensure a clear collaboration with stakeholders, such as Enterprise Architects, other domains’architects and management.
· Guide internal developer teams to ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services following relevant Domain Architectures and Architecture Principles.
You will be part of the Cloud Core Platform Area management team reporting to the Area Head.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for someone who can balance hands-on solutions with leading and inspiring others, who masters both soft and hard skills to take on both technical, regulatory, and organizational challenges.
· Deep technical skills in infrastructure, software architecture and cloud computing.
· Strong social skills, allowing you to represent the Cloud Core Platforms in discussions with both highly technical teams as well as senior management.
· Strong ability to think strategically about Cloud solutions taking inbusiness-, regulatory, and technical challenges.
· Awareness of technology trends and how they impact the way businesses consume IT.
· Hands-on experience with any of the major public cloud platforms
· At least 10 years of experience in the design and implementation of complex IT solutions, including scalable cloud-based solutions and microservices architectures.
· Professional experience architecting scalable and cloud native solutions on public cloud platforms.
· Experience in infrastructure, database, and networking architecture for highly available, Internet-scale applications
· Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
· Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with Enterprise Architects, IT Management, system engineers and developers
· Strong written communication skills
· High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
· Technical degree (Computer Science or Engineering) or equivalent experience
· Additional experience in Financial Services industry or equivalent regulated industry
· A Master’s Degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent technical degree
What We Offer
As part of the Cloud Core Platforms, we offer a unique opportunity to be part in building the foundation of a paradigm change in banking. You will be working with skilled, caring, passionate and progressive team members and spearhead innovation coupled with control and compliance at the forefront of technology.
SEB offers many experiences and benefits to our employees, and there is nuance to every individual’s career experience, but the elements that define the core of our offering are:
• Access to SEB’s staff banking with exclusive benefits.
• Work-life balance with a hybrid workplace culture
• Friendly, accepting and welcoming culture
• Excellent office environment neighboring Mall of Scandinavia
• Agile and modern ways of working with enterprise wide adaptation to SAFe.
• Empowering environment within SEB where you are put in charge of your own career.
Read more about who we are and what we do here: Tech Blog | SEB (sebgroup.com)
Ready to join?
Since we select candidates continuously, feel free to send in your application today, but no later than 2023-11-01. If you have questions about the position, please contact Christian Rane at firstname.lastname@example.org