Who we are
At Bontouch, we work based on one simple but ambitious principle: to make the world’s greatest apps for the best brands on the planet. To have the greatest impact on users all over the world, we partner up with our favorite companies to create highly useful, beautiful-looking, visionary mobile and web apps that make life easier for millions of users in the real world. We work with partners such as Swish, PostNord, SJ, SEB, among many others. We offer our partners a unique long-term engagement model where we provide all the skills required for modern digital product development including strategy, design, development, testing, and maintenance.
What is the secret of our success? We are a team, we work together, learn from each other and trust in each other. For us, collaboration, knowledge exchange, our diverse backgrounds, and shared passion for creating the best possible digital products are our winning combination. We work together in-house in our Bontouch studios to ensure that we deliver products of the highest quality with the end user in focus
What we are looking for
We are looking for an Android Tech Lead to help us in our continuing mission to deliver world-class apps together with our partners. You take a great deal of responsibility and drive initiatives while also coaching developers around you when building new features or maintaining existing ones. For us it’s important to care a great deal about the end-user experience, realizing that clever technical solutions only truly shine when packaged in a way that humans appreciate.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with fun, passionate coworkers of different backgrounds to create mobile apps used by millions of people worldwide.
- Assist project managers and other team members in devising technical solutions to business requirements
- Help coach and guide other developers in the team with the knowledge you bring.
- Deliver high-quality, well-architected code that’s clean and easy to understand and extend.
- Build a great end-user experience in close collaboration with designers, coming up with solutions appropriate to the Android platform and making the product shine with delightful animations and finishing touches.
Who you are
- You have a BSc degree in engineering preferably computer science and around 5 years of experience in software development. But to us, the amount of years is not the most important.
- You know how to communicate well with both developers and the business, making it easier for everyone to understand and exchange information.
- You have participated in the development of sophisticated software solutions and have experience with complex business domains.
- Troubleshooting and solving problems are second nature to you, and you know that finding a good solution often involves exploring all possible pitfalls.
- You probably have significant experience programming for the Android platform, using Kotlin and possibly Java.
- You are used to the challenges that modern computing platforms bring such as asynchronous programming, and are comfortable with the reactive programming paradigm.
- You combine creativity and forward-thinking with a structured approach and can break down large features into manageable bits and pieces.
- Above all you love programming, and creating wonderful user experiences makes you happy!
Why we think you'll enjoy working here
- You will have the possibility of working on a variety of popular apps across different industries with a huge number of actual users.
- We have Friday demos, make-it-break sessions, breakfast lectures, code camp and conceptathons to learn from each other and improve our ways of working.
- You will be part of a group of talented developers with various backgrounds and experiences who help and support each other.
- You can be yourself - we encourage you to follow and share your other passions. Some of us are DJs, some love knitting, others play in a band, run marathons or go skiing together.
- We have everything you need to make you feel safe, like pension benefits, parental leave top-up, health insurance, and a great wellness grant. Read about some of our benefits here 👈
For this role, you need to be based in Sweden and we are not able to offer a relocation package.
Our products are part of everyday life for millions of people around the world. From a first-time mother buying a used stroller with Swish to a designer digitizing hundreds of Post-it® Notes in a split second. We try to solve real needs for the benefit of everyone.
Being part of people’s life is a privilege. And a responsibility. In our home market of Sweden, close to 100% of the adult population use one or several of the apps we create with our brand partners. We are part of the fabric of society and how we shoulder that responsibility matters.
Prefer listening instead of reading? Check out our podcast episode about what it's like to work at Bontouch.