SEB • Stockholm • Full time
SEB is a leading northern European financial services group, and at the same time, one of the largest IT employers in the Nordics. Banking is changing rapidly, and we are proud of our reputation for being entrepreneurial and innovative in the face of change. Our brilliant techemployees work hard to future proof SEB’s digital architecture and customer products because it genuinely makes a huge impact for our customers and colleagues. Does that sound like a fit for you?
What you will be doing
Information Platform department consists of 60 professionals located in Stockholm and Vilnius. We deliver within Data & Analytics Tribe to develop SEB Cloud Data Platform to enable access to trusted and timely data to drive business. Separate delivery teams focus on development of the technical capabilities of the platform and delivering strategic data initiatives.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager in Stockholm to lead an agile team of Site Reliability Engineers located in both Stockholm and Vilnius. The team delivers on-premises data engineering capabilities including but not limited to distributed storage & compute, batch processing, workflow automation and orchestration, and plays an important role in SEB migration journey to cloud (GCP).
You will be responsible for:
· Developing a high-performing team with outstanding commitment to common goals, mutual trust and respect, clarity around individual roles and responsibilities, and great collaboration.
· Personal development of up to 10 engineers.
· High quality, timely delivery, and maintenance of technical solutions.
· Understanding of business needs, close cooperation with Product Owners and removing impediments.
· Risk management and security.
· Vendor, contract, and licence management.
· Continuous improvements in all aspects of our business.
· Being an active part of the management team for the department and work both strategically and operationally.
Who we are looking for
· An engaging leader with entrepreneurial drive and a startup mindset, with a genuine interest in people and technology.
· Are skilful in understanding and building great team dynamics.
· Have solid background in IT infrastructure, software development and operations.
· Have experience in Agile way of working with self-organizing cross functional teams.
· Have good understanding the product management function and excel in communication and expectation management.
· Are fluent in verbal and written English.
What we offer
We offer many experiences and benefits to our employees, and there is nuance to every individual’s career experience, but the elements that define the core of our offering are:
· An international and empowering environment with highly skilled colleagues.
· Work-life balance & hybrid way of working.
· Extensive training and learning opportunities
· Friendly and welcoming culture.
· Exciting opportunity to be part of transforming an industry.
· Attractive compensation and benefits.
Ready to join?
Since we select candidates continuously, feel free to send in your application today, but no later than 27/5-2023. If you have questions about the position, please contact Mattias Kumlin, Head of Information Platform department by mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome to a community of tech-savvy and passionate employees from all corners of the world. SEB is in fact one of the largest IT employers in the Nordics. Together we future proof a world of financial flows by exploring and implementing modern digital architecture and state-of-the-art technology. We are driven by collaboration, insight, and friendship. But also, a desire to change and improve. All in all, it creates a balance - where life and a stable yet exciting job can co-exist. If you want to shape tomorrow's bank - continue reading and apply today.
Read more: sebgroup.com/techcareers