SEB • Solna • Full time
"Do you want to play a central role in our exciting and transformational journey to become one of the most data driven bank in the world?"
Then welcome to SEB - We are a tech company with a banking license.
The banking sector is undergoing fundamental change with digitalization, new technology and regulatory framework that is continuously transforming our business. As the financial landscape is changing, SEB is shifting from business-driven IT to an IT-driven business. The IT development is run in shorter sprints using agile ways of working, ensuring fast delivery and value in line with customer and business needs. Teamwork, collaboration, and leadership is a crucial part of the way business is run at SEB, and we believe that is the key for high performing teams.
SEB is a place for people who want to grow and develop. We provide scope for development, and we always want our employees to feel valued, included and be engaged.
The Parc system is one of SEB's most important applications in Master Data Management (MDM). The team ensures the access to accurate product and contract information. As a Cobol developer for the Parc system, you will work with one of our strategically important areas - Product Lifecycle Management. Master data and a 360-view of the customer are the areas that SEB is focusing many years.
As a Cobol developer, you will work in an agile team which follows the SEB’s agile framework. You will develop new features and maintenance of product master data. We have a rotating operational responsibility during the daytime, so you need to be prepared to work with incident management and system monitoring. The systems are partly developed by SEB in Cobol and run on an IBM mainframe. We have a close collaboration with many different parts of the bank like Pension & Insurance, FICC & Equities, Trading, Mortgage Loan, Private Loan, AML & Holding Control and many more.
We have a good atmosphere in our delivery team, which you will find easy to enjoy. You will work with skilled, committed, and dynamic team members.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
· You own and drive your own development
· You will work with the development of new functions, maintenance, and support of the systems
· You are curious about using new tools & process that streamline development and you find it fun to learn the whole of systems (System thinking).
· Collaborate with people inside and outside the team
· Prestige less
· Likes to give and receive feedback
· High delivery focus
· Driven and independent
· Well organized
Who we are looking for:
To succeed in your role, we believe that you
· Has very good knowledge in Cobol and Mainframe environments
· Experienced in debugging and troubleshooting in Mainframe
· Experience with master data management within financial sector is meritorious.
· Experience in converting DL1 to DB2 migration is meritorious
· Likes to collaborate with other team members and share knowledge in the team
· Has a good knowledge of Swedish and English
What we offer:
· Possibility to work 2 days/week from the home.
· Work with skilled, caring, passionate and progressive team members
· Opportunities to shape the banking world.
· An Innovative company where technology lies at heart.
The position is in Solna, Arenastaden.
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Ready to join?
Since we select candidates continuously, feel free to send in your application today, but no later than 2023-06-08.
If you have questions about the position, please contact Shankar Gautam, email@example.com, +46 70 762 12 92
SEB Sweden has a redeployment responsibility, why this position might be covered by internal redeployment.
At SEB, we have always believed that the future depends on turning great ideas into reality. Ever since we welcomed our first customer in 1856, we have been a catalyst for positive change by providing responsible advice and capital to people with ideas for the future. Grounded in our long history and strong heritage, we want to create long-term value for all our stakeholders by being curious about what the future holds. We have a strong ambition to accelerate the pace towards a sustainable future for people, businesses, and society. Our skilled and dedicated employees stand by our customers in good times and bad and offer financial products and services that meet their ever-changing needs – both in our home markets in northern Europe and through our international network around the world.
Read more: https://sebgroup.com/