[embed width="" height=""]https://youtu.be/PrcAv-gcWmA[/embed]
Want to join a fast-paced company with a mission to improve the life of people living with diabetes?
Glooko’s diasend® is a market leading product that simplifies life with diabetes by optimizing diabetes data management. Our comprehensive solution involves uploading, storing and analyzing data from a clear majority of the diabetes devices currently available on the global market – allowing patients and caregivers to easily access, understand and share the same information. This equals highly valued support for people living with diabetes during, as well as in-between, clinic visits and makes the work of diabetes-coaches around the world much more efficient and accurate.
Over the last few years Glooko has grown quickly and we are now at the point of our next big phase of expansion, aiming to establish a presence within several new markets. To get there, the search for a number of new talented and driven co-workers has begun. We are a global company with 150 employees located in the San Francisco Bay Area, Chicago, London and Gothenburg – currently serving 7000 diabetes clinics in 23 countries across 15 languages, impacting the lives of tens of millions of people with diabetes on a daily basis.
In our new Gothenburg office, close to Liseberg (yes – “Lisebergskortet” is an employee benefit), we are currently about 45 co-workers who are responsible for sales, customer support and marketing for all markets, except North America. We also have a dedicated team of engineers that work with technical development for all global markets.
We´re looking for a Director of Engineering for our team of skilled developers. Our Engineering team works with a broad span of techniques, from embedded linux systems to databases and applications for web, desktop and mobile. The tools and languages mainly used to do this are; Git, PHP, MySql, Python, C/C++, Qt, Linux, C#, Objective-C, Ruby on Rails, Mongo DB and Java. The Engineering team works with the whole process from design to development, test and deployment and delivers all products that Glooko offers in EMEA regions today. We always strive to be better, we love to make improvements and will appreciate your input in the work we do!
This is what you’ll do…
- Lead and mentor a high-performing software engineering team to plan, design, develop and maintain high code quality and drive technical excellence.
- Be a part of providing operational and technical support in the development, analysis, and maintenance of systems, software, processes, products and/or equipment.
- Plan and communicate engineering roadmaps and project schedules.
- Collaborate with members of the product management, QA/RA, UX and other teams to identify requirements and design new products or extensions to existing products.
- Be responsible for technology frameworks both in development and deployment.
This is the job for you, if you…
- Have a proven track record of leading software development teams, showing a progression of responsibility through your career
- Have experience and a strong interest in software development as well as in releasing software using a continuous deployment pipeline.
- Have a degree in Computer Science/technical discipline or equivalent work experience
- Have practical experience in how to lead and build international (global) engineering teams and culture
- Have experience from a fast-growing international organization and in managing the technical and organizational challenges involved in a rapidly scaling business
We also want you to have high integrity and ethical standards. We want you to be self-motivated and well organized and possess initiative and a positive attitude as well as excellent communication -and influencing abilities.
If you already have knowledge or interest in health and diabetes, that is an advantage – but it is not required. Submit your application now if you want to help simplify life for everyone with a connection to diabetes!