We are Truecaller, born in 2009, Stockholm, Sweden, with the mission to provide more safe and efficient communication to everyone’s daily life. Today, Truecaller is loved by 150+ million users around the world, popular in South Asia, Middle East, Africa! We are the go-to app for Caller ID, spam blocking and payments.
As an Android developer ,you work on :
- Write a simple, understandable, testable, and efficient code with a focus on solid technical stability and great user experience.
- Drive technical improvement by applying software craftsmanship in everyday work as well as by identifying and executing larger refactoring/improvement initiatives.
- Contribute to the implementation of complex features and design work within the team.
- Being part of cross-team technical initiatives
- Participate in and contribute to the team’s Agile practices.
- Implement automation tests on UI and Unit level within the team’s responsibility area.
- Take responsibility for maintaining high engineering standards, commitment to the product with respect and attitude towards others.
What we expect from you:
- Working experience with Android development by using Kotlin or Java
- Experienced in Android SDK, understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Familiar with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as “touch”
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with regular expression constructs
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Fluent in English, in speaking and writing
It would be great if you also have:
- Knowing gRPC, FCM APIs and push notifications will be great
- A knack for performance benchmarking and monitoring
More about Truecaller
Truecaller is a Swedish company founded in 2009 in Stockholm, Sweden by Nami Zarringhalam and Alan Mamedi. The app began when our co-founders were just students who wanted to create a service that would easily identify incoming calls from unknown numbers. We have our strongest presence in South Asia, Middle East, Africa, and HQ in Sweden. We are backed by some of the most prominent investors in the world such as Sequoia Capital, Atomico, and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers.
Life at Truecaller - Behind the code: instagram.com/truecaller
This position is based in Stockholm, Sweden. Full visa sponsorship and relocation assistance available for eligible candidates. Application in English. Please contact Deepti Pabbisetty, Talent Acquisition Partner via firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.